Sunday, October 30, 2022

October 31-Nov 4

 


A big thank you to all of you for making our Harvest Party a great success. Students enjoyed themselves immensely and the costumes were truly awesome. 















Here's what happening this week.

LITERACY: 

  • Spelling -short and long vowels
  • Reading skills/strategy- Sequence of events, asking questions
  • Writing (narrative)-using a story map to sequence events 
How you can help at home: As you read together at home, or even as you watch television programs, ask, "Who is the main character? What is the problem or challenge that the  main character faced? What are some obstacles that occurred in the middle of the story that prevented the main character from solving the problem? How is the problem ultimately resolved? What happened to make the problem go away?"

MATH: 
  • Representing multiplication with arrays and the Commutative Property.
SCIENCE
  • Measuring water temperature
  • Building a thermometer
SEL
  • Regulating big red emotions.
How you can help at home. Big Red emotions are those unpleasant, high energy feelings that cloud our judgement and make it difficult to learn. Everyone experiences them. As adults, we manage those big feelings often silently, almost invisibly. The next time you find yourself experiencing a Big Red emotion, vocalize how you are managing those feelings. For example, "I am feeling so frustrated right now. This Pinterest DIY is totally failing. I need to stop and take a minute to get myself back into the zone. What strategy should I use? I think I'm going to stop and think about all the times my Pinterest projects turned out right. Thinking about those times, will make it less challenging for me to get out of the Red Quadrant and back into the emotional place I need to be to successfully finish this project."  

No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...