Sunday, October 2, 2022

Agenda for October 3-7

 


Back to School Night is Monday, October 4. We're shaking things up a bit this year. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. Be sure to sign up for a fall conference when you're visiting our classroom. 

Meet the VIP

Hi, my name is Siri. I love to draw and play video games. I have twenty stuffies. I love my family, friends, and stuffies. I have one brother. He is two years old. My hobbies are swimming and taekwondo. 

In other news, students walked a combined excess of 640 laps around the field. In other words, we reached our first stop along the way to Disneyland i.e. Great Wolf Lodge. We celebrated with an extra recess and popsicles.



We enjoyed meeting the counselors this week. Ms. V and Ms. H engaged students in a fun game of Jeopardy! as we learned about the roles of the counselor. 





LITERACY

  • main verbs
  • five parts of a personal letter
  • spelling Vowel-Consonant-silent e

MATH
  • 2s, 5s, and 10s
  • equal groups
  • skip counting
  • story problems involving equal groups
SCIENCE
  • Soaking sponges-How much water can a dry sponge soak up?



No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...