Thursday, September 5, 2019

Welcome Back

Welcome to third grade! I am looking forward to getting to know your child better as the school year progresses.  I have been teaching for 20 years, most of those years have been right here at Eastgate. I very much appreciate the community here; staff, students, and parents. I work hard to create a classroom environment where students aren’t afraid to take risks and make mistakes. After all, mistakes are evidence of having tried. Outside the classroom, I enjoy running. My favorite distance is the half marathon, but I have tried a few full marathons, and will do so again. I have a large extended family in the Netherlands, and love traveling there in the summers. My parents have a little summer cottage where we stay when we visit our family and friends.
I believe that communication between parents and school staff is critical to the academic success of children. To that end, I keep a classroom blog, www.therotzreport.blogspot.com to keep families updated. Please check the blog frequently for classroom updates.
The best way to reach me is through email at rotzj@bsd405.org. If you need to speak with me in person, please contact me via email so we can set up an appointment.

Snack time is in the afternoon. (No snack on Wednesdays due to early dismissal) Due to the district’s food policy modifications a few years ago as well as to the rise in the number of students with allergies, I do not provide snacks. Additionally, the third grade team has decided to dispense with birthday treats. We will celebrate your child’s birthday with a special sticker and pencil and a song, but not with food in keeping with the new policy.
Information concerning homework, and conferences etc. will be available at Back to School Night on the 12th of this month. I hope to see you there.  It’s going to be a great year!


Thank you,
 Miss Rotz




Mondays- PE (Wear gym clothes an shoes)
Tuesdays- Music
Wednesdays- (early dismissal at 1:20)
Thursdays – Library (bring back books)
Fridays- Art

No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...