Speaking of being treated like royalty, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the lovely notes and gifts last week. I fear I have been quite spoiled. What an honor and what a joy it is to share my classroom with the brilliant scholars of Room 204. They are funny, determined, inquisitive, curious, and full of joy and love. I feel incredibly blessed to come to a job every day that fills me with a sense of purpose. To be able to do this job with the Eastgate family is the sweetest frosting on the most delicious cake. I started writing out thank you cards last week, and still have a few left. In the meantime, please know how very touched I was by your generosity.
And now for some academics.
Smarter Balanced Assessment (SBA) Third graders get the opportunity to show just much they've learned this year when they begin the literacy portion of the SBA on May 28. Then starting June 4, they get to show off their mad math skills. We've been training for this moment all year and we are ready. Families are encouraged to access the SBA website from home to take the practice and training test offered there. This will greatly support the work we are doing in class. Click here for more information.
MATH- fractions
- unit fractions
- adding unit fractions
- comparing fractions with the same numerator and/or denominator
- locating fractions on a numbers
WRITING- Young Authors Day (coming up May 31!)
- narrative writing
- using a story map to guide writing
- descriptive paragraphs for characters and setting
- multiple events that lead to the resolution of a clearly defined problem
SCIENCE- Structures of Life
- sprouting seeds
- calculating the mass of water absorbed by a seed
- planting seeds
SPRING ARTS FESTIVAL
No comments:
Post a Comment