Tuesday, December 11, 2012

International Holiday Potluck

See what you can find on Pinterest!


Students in Room 204 are gearing up for their International Holiday Potluck Party set to take place on Wednesday, December 19th. The exact starting time is yet to be determined. More information will follow. For the party, students are encouraged to bring a traditional/favorite dish that represents their family's culture to the potluck. I am planning on bringing something uniquely Dutch. We will start the festivities with a craft project, these adorable sock snowmen. I sent students home with a brown paper bag today encouraging them to return it with at least one white athletic sock. Of course, if they bring the pair, the second sock can always be donated to another child. Students may also bring any small scraps of material, buttons, etc that they wish to use to decorate their snowman. I will supply beans to fill the socks, googly eyes, and some extra buttons. I will need some parent volunteers armed with hot glue guns to assist with the snowman assembly. We'll enjoy the international cuisine after the snowman are completed. Students are preparing some lunchtime entertainment for our parent volunteers.  I look forward to seeing you there.

No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...