Sunday, February 26, 2023

February 27-March 3

 

“A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben


It's going to be another great week to learn something new. In the meantime, I trust everyone enjoyed their midwinter breaks and had a chance to refresh and recharge. I enjoyed a lovely staycation with my mom and Daisy. We discovered James Herriot's All Creatures Great and Small on PBS. It's such a peaceful way to relax in the evening. Daisy seems particularly entranced by the Pekingese who plays Tricki Woo. I finished a book, nearly finished a slipcover that I started sewing over winter break and picked up the sweater I started knitting this fall. All in all, it's been a week of relaxing and indulging in some hobbies that too often get pushed aside. I look forward to hearing how all the boys and girls in Room 204 spent their breaks.

Here's what's on the agenda for this week.

LITERACY: 

  • Spelling- sounds in fear and share
  • Grammar- adjectives and articles
  • Writing- personal narrative
  • Reading-story structure
MATH:

  • Division situation drawings
  • Interpreting division situations
  • Writing division situations
SCIENCE: Patterns of Motion
  • Wheel-and-axle systems
  • Predicting Motion
  • Twirly Birds
Floating Paperclips

















No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...