Monday, March 22, 2010

The Toy Maker


On Wednesday, March 24th, Eastgate second graders will have an opportunity to make science fun as they take part in the Toy Maker presentation by Rick Hartman. This presentation allows students to see the principles of balance and motion in action as they build their own toys. It's a favorite experience every year. Students are asked to bring $7 to help cover the cost which includes the toys that they make and keep. Also, let me know if you're interested in volunteering which involves arriving around 9AM and helping Mr. Hartman set up and then just monitoring the students as they build their toys and lending a hand as needed. It's a lot of fun. Click here for a copy of the letter that went home. Click here to see a video of last year's presentation to give you an idea of what we'll be doing. Third grade students in Room 110 will joining Mr. Darby's and Ms. Rosenthal's classes for a Toymaker presentation later this year.

3 comments:

izzyhiphop7 said...

Hey,
I loved doing the toy maker thing last year.I think every one in your class will love it like I did.Sorry I have not been posting in like for ever I have been really busy I loved being in your class.P.S.tell oliver Izzy says hi!

Anonymous said...

Hi Izzy,
I told Ollie you said hi and he said to tell you "hi" right back! My third graders are going to get to do another toymaker presentation with all of you third graders in Mr. Darby's and Ms. Rosenthal's classes. I can't wait! It's soooo much fun. I hope you post again soon. I love reading all your posts!

Miss R.

Anonymous said...

Miss Rotz,
Did you and Oliver have a wonderful springbrack?
Love J.A.1

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...