Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Toy Maker

A giant thank you to Mr. Rick Hartman for making learning about balance, motion, and energy such a fun experience for all Eastgate second graders. Thank you, also to the PTA for funding this year's presentation of,"The Toy Maker." Finally, thank you to all the numerous parent volunteers who helped students safely saw, hammer, and decorate their own "Balance and Motion" toys. What a fun-filled learning adventure!

Students, for FIVE extra bonus bucks, ask your homework helper to help you post a comment describing one thing you learned or saw demonstrated during the Toy Maker presentation. Try to use the science vocabulary we've been learning in class. Be sure to sign your comment with your intials and your student number.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw how the man we made was in a balanced position because of the counter weight. If the counter weight was above the balance point the man falls off the stand but if it was below then the man was in a balanced position even if the man was in a crazy position.
ES #17

Anonymous said...

You need to make the wire into a perfect "C" shape to place it equally on the balance point and let the counter weight do the balancing from below.
CK#6

Rwanda Partners said...

I learned that if you put counterweights under an object's balancing point then it will be in a stable position. It will balance.
AT#18

Maxwellz said...

I learned that you need to put the counter weights below the balancing point so it would be in a stable position.
M.Z. 4

Anonymous said...

I learned that you are supposed to put counter weights below the balancing point when you balance the guy or girl on top of the toy.

L.S #13

izzy hip hop 7 said...

I learned Ihafe to put the counter weight's below the balance point to make an object balance. P.S. I had a lot of fun

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...