Monday, March 23, 2009

Flu Bug

Seven of our classmates were out sick today with the flu. If you do the math that is slightly more than a third of our class! We wish our classmates a speedy recovery. In the meantime, we are taking measures to prevent the spread of flu in our room. Each table now has its own box of handi-wipes. Each student is dutifully wiping their hands ever time he or she returns to the room from recess, lunch, specialist etc. We're washing our hands at the sink as often as possible. We're continuing to wipe our tables down with the clorox wipes. And, of course, we're practicing good recipritory ettiquette by coughing into our shirt sleeves.

There are things you can do at home as well. Please make sure your child gets to bed at a decent hour. Sleepy bodies have a harder time fighting away bugs. Make sure your child eats a healthy breakfast trying to keep sugar at a minimum. Please send a healthy snack with your child to school. Again, no sugar. Finally, if your child is sick, please keep him or her at home. Click here for a letter from our school nurse to help you decide if your child's symptoms warrant a stay at home.

2 comments:

izzy hip hop 7 said...

Dear Miss R, I am very sick I don't know how that happend. It is not fun one bit. Im getting a lot of sleep. Thursday I was watching a movie and I fell a sleep and my mom said that the movie was over. I really wish I could go to school because I really like going to school. What has the class been doing? How meany kid's where gone today?

Izzy hip hop 7 said...

Dear Miss R, I was sick Friday I don't see where the weekly letter is did the class even do it this week?

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...