![]() |
"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers."~Anne of Green Gables
I hope you had a chance to get out and enjoy our lovely Pacific Northwest in all her finest. My mother and I took advantage of the beautiful weather yesterday to drive up to Lynden, WA where we loaded up on all our favorite Dutch goodies. Sunday proved the sweetest fall day in more ways than one.
Room 204 has another October favorite coming up this week i.e. our Halloween party. We plan to keep our party simple yet fun. Students are invited to wear costumes to class on Thursday. No masks are allowed on the bus. Toy weapons are not permitted per district policy. The party officially starts after second recess. We will play board games, and have an art center. No parent volunteers are required for this first party.
Curriculum Coming Up
MATH
- Multiply and divide by 9
- Building fluency with 9s, 10s, 5s, and 2s.
- Double digit multiplication using the lattice method
READING
- Sequence of Events
- Questioning
- Verbs
WRITING
- Descriptive monster writing
- Organizing paragraphs
- October words (look for spelling lists to come home by Tuesday)
SCIENCE
- Measuring weather
- Comparing forecasts to historical data
- Engineering Design Challenge-Pumpkin Bandits (Kids, remember, no eating the Science!)

No comments:
Post a Comment