Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Student Highlight and No Math Homework Tonight

Her audience: her teacher and her classmates.
Her purpose: to connect with her audience, perhaps even to express emotion
Her method: a well-organized five sentence paragraph that shared something about herself. Her paragraph was to have a topic sentence that gave the reader insight into her subject. She was to have 3 detail sentences to tell more about her subject. She also needed a concluding sentence to make the paragraph feel done.
Her voice: friendly

I think you'll agree that Student #23 did all that and more. Her paragraph was exceptionally well written and so I had to share it with a larger audience. Great job, #23!


 


Harry Potter Book #1
            My most favorite place in the whole universe is this old, exciting, wonderful book, Harry Potter #1! I always read this book because J.K Rowling is my favorite writer. When I read this book, I sink into magic spells, castles, half giants, and exciting adventures with Harry Potter. I always try to find time to read this book. Harry is always shooting spells, “Stupefy, wingardium leviosa!”And Hermione is always learning higher spells, “Alohomora!” Ron is always staring at Harry. I always get a snack, get a drink and read. In my world it’s never good-bye to books! 

                                                   __________________________________

No math homework tonight. Students are bringing home practice unit tests to study for tomorrow's unit test. Check out the homework helper tutorial below for tips.



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great writing, #23!

Anonymous said...

I checked my paper.
From #23

Anonymous said...

Great job #23! You really took me on an adventure with your words.
Your friend,
#7

Anonymous said...

Great job, that is awesome, #23.

From #10

Anonymous said...

Great writing #23 got hooked on to your story!

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...