Friday, February 18, 2011

Mid Winter Break is Here!

Despite the picture shown here, I know it's not spring yet, and the forecast calls for unseasonably cold weather.  What can I say?  I like to dream. That said, I do hope you all have a wonderful mid-winter break and that you get a chance to go some place fun be it Hawaii or your neighborhood McDonalds.  There is no homework over the break for parents or kids (that means no journals for you parents :-) However, should you require some, click here and you'll be directed to a site with the times tables speed drills the third graders have been using to increase their recall of basic multiplication facts.  Second graders will begin multiplying in the spring and can certainly use these same time sheets as an opportunity to move ahead.  When we return from break, students can bring in worksheets completed during their break with 100% accuracy in under five minutes for Bonus Eagle Bucks.  The sheets just need a parent signature verifying that the sheet was completed in time. Enjoy your break!

No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...