Sunday, January 5, 2020

Happy New Year

"What we know is a drop.What we don't know is an ocean."~ Sir Isaac Newton

Happy New Year from Oma and Miss Rotz
With the promise of a new year and a new decade, the scholars in Room 204 are committed to increasing those drops of knowledge. To that end,  I have challenged myself to read 50 books this year. I am nearly finished with my final read of 2019, but have downloaded my first book of 2020, Eat and Run by Scott Jurek. I am hoping to gain some insights into improving my performance at my next half marathon. I'm curious. How will you challenge yourself this year? What first steps are you taking to meet that challenge? Leave me a comment below.

Upcoming Curriculum

Math (finishing up our second big unit of the year)

  • Writing first step questions for two step word problems
  • Making sense of two step word problems
  • Multiples of 10
Social Studies
  • Geographical features of our community
Literacy
  • Spelling-vowel sounds in town- vowel dipthongs ow, ou
  • Reading comprehension- cause and effect
  • Grammar-abstract nouns
  • Writing-opinion response to literature
  • Vocabulary strategies-using a dictionary/glossary

Fancy Day during Spirit Week- I am wearing a tiara!





PS Don't forget to share your goals for 2020 in the comments below.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My goal for 2020 is to beat my older sister Kelsie in reading the most books.
Sincerely,
The best student ever (Emma)

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...