IMPORTANT DATES:
- Thursday- PTA meeting in the Library
- No school- Nov 27-28 Thanksgiving Holiday
UPCOMING CURRICULUM
LITERACY-
Reading
- Cause and Effect
- Making inferences
Spelling/Phonics
- Long /i/ sounds and spellings
- prefix mis-
Grammar
- plural nouns with -s and -es
Writing
- Character Descriptions
- Stage One -Brainstorming
- Stage Two- Prewriting
Math
- Properties of Multiplication, Rules of Division
- Multiplying and dividing with 0, and 1.
- Making sense of word problems.
Social Studies (Geography)
- Locating and identifying our neighborhood community as part of concentric circles i.e. as part of a state, country, and continent.
Misc- Just in time as we finish up our science unit on Water and Climate, I came across this gem on my iPhone weather app this weekend. As there was no discernible wind near my home when this tornado appeared, and as I could find no news reports to support its existence, I could only presume this was some sort of strange iPhone anomaly. Still, I had to share it in class to show that while our forecasts were mostly fairly accurate, sometimes mistakes do happen. What's the strangest thing your phone has done?
No comments:
Post a Comment