Sunday, January 13, 2019

This Week

Peer Expert #23 shares his paper airplane-crafting skills



I trust everyone had a lovely winter break. I spent the entire two weeks visiting family in Battle Ground, Washington. My sister and I tried to undo the damage of  all those Christmas yummies with daily runs around her neighborhood. We rang in the new year with Family Game Night. Oma won all the Bingo prizes. I came back refreshed and ready to continue learning with the brilliant scholars of Room 204. Here's what we'll be covering this week.

Math- We are getting ready for our end-of-unit test. To prepare for that, this we'll be exploring the following big math ideas.
  • Two Step Problems including Order of Operations.
  • Multiplying with Multiples of 10
  • Building fluency with 0s-10s.
Literacy
  • Analyzing prompts by applying some of the same techniques we use to analyze word problems in math. 
  • Using TAP (task, audience, and purpose) to further analyze the requirements for the reading response.
Social Studies
  • History of immigration-how people become part of our country
  • Living Voices Presentation on Tuesday
MISC
We want to welcome our student teacher, Mr. Rodman Campbell to our classroom. Mr. Campbell is a graduate student at Northwest University in Kirkland. We are excited to have another teacher in the classroom and look forward to all he will contribute to our learning.
Some students have been wearing their fitness trackers
to class where we have been engaged in daily battles to see
who gets in the most steps. Any day I can keep up with a third grader
is a successful day in my book!



No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...