Sunday, November 18, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving

Image result for turkey

It's the time of year where we remember all the reasons we have to be thankful. I'm thankful for the boys and girls in Room 204. These scholars are bright, inquisitive, hard-working, and they whole-heartedly embrace errors as evidence of having tried and as evidence of learning. I enjoy hearing students exclaim, "I don't know, yet, but I'm going to keep practicing until I do know it." Here's what we're going to be practicing and exploring this week!

Special Shout out to Lydia. Congratulations on successfully completing 11 Sasquatch quizzes! 

Math 
  • Multiplying and dividing by 4s, 1s and 0.
  • Solving and creating word problems for 4s, 1s, and 0s.
  • Building fluency with 1s, 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 9s, and 10s.
You can by encouraging your child to keep practicing times facts at home.

Literacy
  • The Fab Four in Reading
  1. Noticing
  2. Questioning
  3. Summarizing
  4. Inferring
Writing
  • Narrative writing-Story Structure-Problem and solution
  • Spelling-three letter clusters
  • Grammar-verb tenses
Science
  • Weather-observational data-forecasting weather
  • Analyzing seasonal data
Social Studies
  • Locating community-hemisphere, continent, country, states, cities

No comments:

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...