WRITING We have begun are first major writing project of the year, a five paragraph character analysis written in a scholarly voice. This project should take several weeks to work through all the stages of the writing process. This week, we began the prewriting stage. We chose characters from a favorite book and were encouraged to consider which characters would best lend themselves to a five paragraph essay. We discovered that in some cases, the antagonists might be the better choice for this kind of writing. After selecting characters, we used graphic organizers to brainstorm adjectives describing the character. We narrowed our choice of adjectives down to the three strongest and used a second graphic organizer to begin outlining our essays.
SOCIAL STUDIES We are continuing to work on locating our community of Bellevue on the globe by differentiating between continents, countries, states, and cities. We are also identifying the four oceans, and beginning to identify the 50 states of America. This week we focused our attention of the west coast.
MATH We worked on our 9s this week. We looked for patterns to help us memorize our facts and have begun testing our speed with timed tests. How you can help at home. Continue practicing multiplication facts at home.
MISC We had our annual Walk-a-thon. Congratulations, Students for walking like champions.
STUDENTS, leave a comment telling us what your favorite thing of Spirit Week was.

8 comments:
My favorite part of spirit week was the Walk-a-thon on Friday.I walked 18 laps.Last year I walked 14 laps.So this year I am very proud of myself.��
I loved practicing my range walk aka Army fast walk.
I loved the Walkathon, because we got to exercise!
I love picture day and the Walk-A-Thon because i got to pour water on me and i got to eat a popsicle.
hi
hello guys...
It was an amazing week!!❤
Miss Rotz , do not forget to wear your pajamas to school tomorrow.🏫 🎒 See tomorrow at school. I am sure that it will be a good day tomorrow 😊.
Post a Comment