I confess. It's true. I feel a little guilty being the recipient of so many generous gifts this week. I have the distinct privilege of sharing my love of learning with some of the most enthusiastic, kind, silly, brilliant and funny students anywhere. Yesterday, one of my duties afforded me the opportunity to listen in to three students conversing together for the purpose of revising and improving their Young Author Day stories. Their comments and questions reflected great insight and thought and I could barely contain my own excitement as they used phrases like, "I want to make sure my reader will follow my thinking in this part...." as they articulated suggestions for refining their work. I was blown away by the depth of their conversation and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. And I get to do stuff like this every day! So you can only imagine how strange it seems to be shown appreciation for doing something I love so much. The cards and notes, the flowers, the treats....oh, the treats.....the lunch brought to me one day, a luncheon the next, and all the generous gift cards. Words cannot express how overwhelmed I feel by your many acts of kindness. As I said to one parent, it's no wonder my students are so kind and generous and thoughtful. Look at their parents! Apples don't fall far from trees, you know! So, as inadequate as it seems, here goes. Thank you.
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
September 25-29
¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for th...
-
What? That's crazy talk. Two opportunities for students to earn bonus eagle bucks ? That's right. Here's the first opportunity. ...
-
Students, Earn $7 Bonus Bucks by proving you can find our classroom's blog from home. Leave a comment with your initials and your number...
-
Star Students Join me in congratulating these seven stars. These students each earned every single possible stamp on their Responsibilit...

No comments:
Post a Comment