I confess, students pulled the first April Fools' joke of the day. The little package on my computer this morning did not open to reveal a letter or a child-drawn picture as I expected. Rather, it held a spider, a fake spider, to be sure, but a spider nonetheless. My neck is still trying to recover from the unceremonious backwards jump I did as I screamed in fear at the hideous arachnid. Fortunately, she who laughs last does indeed laugh best. With the help of our wonderful aide, Mrs. S., I administered a math assessment today of, shall we say, some rather advanced concepts. Students chewed their pencils, tapped their heads, and groaned in failed attempts to conjure up answers to material they won't cover for a few years yet. A few worked up the courage to approach me with the insistence that they were surely absent the day we covered the advanced material. I assured them otherwise. I did finally let them in on the joke, but not before I snapped these photos of their frustration. All in all, a very productive day!
PS On an unrelated note, blogger is having issues with saving links. I can't seem to get the homework link to save. For now, please check the PIV (parent viewer) at the bsd website for homework links. I apologize for the inconvience. Tonight's math homework is 11-1.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
September 25-29
¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for th...
-
What? That's crazy talk. Two opportunities for students to earn bonus eagle bucks ? That's right. Here's the first opportunity. ...
-
Students, Earn $7 Bonus Bucks by proving you can find our classroom's blog from home. Leave a comment with your initials and your number...
-
Star Students Join me in congratulating these seven stars. These students each earned every single possible stamp on their Responsibilit...

No comments:
Post a Comment