Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Book Project

Our first book project was assigned yesterday. The assignment is to read a mystery book and then create a Wanted Poster for one of the characters in the book. We went over the assignment in class today for a good half hour, and I think most of the students' questions were answered. The assignment is linked in the Homework section on the right, along with a student sample  The project is due on October 26th and is worth 50 points. Please note that there is no report due with this assignment - the Wanted Poster is sufficient as long as it includes all the parts listed on the assignment sheet. HAVE FUN!

Students: Leave a comment here with the title of the book you're planning to read for the book project. Don't forget to leave your number so you can get a skittle.

PS On an unrelated note, there is no math homework tonight.  Students took a practice end-of-unit test today. We will correct it in class tomorrow and they will study it tomorrow night for homework. The test is scheduled for Friday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to do this! Already started!:) #4

Anonymous said...

I am reading "kidnapped king".
It is a great book!
#1

Anonymous said...

A to Z calendar MYSTERIES MARCH MISCHIEF.It is so good I could not even put it down! #14

Anonymous said...

Call of the Wild 25

Anonymous said...

The Mystery of the Talking Skull-#12

Unknown said...

A to Z Mysteries, "The Ninth Nugget" #5

Anonymous said...

i am reading a nancy drew book#19

Anonymous said...

I am reading:Freddy the Detective, he
as famous as winnie the pooh.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am reading Freddy the detective-#24

Anonymous said...

I am reading Nancy Drew "Princess mix up mystery" #23

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...