Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mystery Bags and More.....

So far, one student has returned a mystery bag.  Directions for making a mystery bag went home on Friday but you can click here for a pdf copy of the directions.  Students are asked to bring mystery bags with them no later than Friday but you can certainly send them in earlier :-) 

A big thanks goes out to the parents of students in Room 204.  So many of you signed and returned the Responsibility Charts your children had been using all last week. Today was Pay Day and students with signed charts got to swap all those stamps for the only currency that is worth anything in Room 204, Eagle Bucks! Also, a big thank you to all of you for taking the time to write responses to your children in their Parent Letter Journal.  Some of you wrote your responses on a separate piece of paper altogether, but just for future reference, the intent is for you to write in your child's journal.  That way, at the year's end, your child will have a year-long conversation with you about everything (s)he has learned over the course of the year, a keepsake of their year in Room 204.

Finally, in a shameless attempt to use students to influence their parents into checking The Rotz Report, here is the question worth a Bonus Buck stamp tomorrow.  Students, describe something new you learned this past week and post it as a comment here.  Remember to write your initials and your number after your comment.  Then scroll down the sign in menu and click on the word anonymous.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned to be Champs throughout the building. I also read a book called Matilda. I learned what a graph means. SP #13.

Anonymous said...

Miss Rotz, I really like the way you sound like Miss Trunchbull and the children in Ms. Honeys class. SP #13.

Anonymous said...

Miss Rotz, I learned the five things -- eyes on teacher, listening, sitting up straight and not making noise with your hands and feet. :) NH5

Anonymous said...

I learned to be a good listener and to do the five things. I also learned that the five things are important because the help you be prepared to learn.
JTW#25

Anonymous said...

I learned about CHAMPs.
C is for communication
H is for help
A is for activity
M is for movement
P is for participation

TG#4

Anonymous said...

I learned what a pet peeve is. I learned how to be CHAMPs in the hallway. I learned how to write a note to my parents. LS #20

Anonymous said...

I learned about champs. On a graph about class birthdays,I learnt that most birthdays are during the months of August and December.

SM #10

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to check out our blog and for the nice comments.

Miss R. 26

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Rotz,
It's me J.A.1 from last year. I miss you a lot.
I wonted to be in your class.

love,
J.A.1 from last year.

Anonymous said...

Dear JA#1,
I miss you, too! You are a wonderful student and I know you will enjoy your new teacher, too.
Love,
Miss R.

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...