Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Zoo

The kids in Room 203 had a great time at the Woodland Park Zoo today. Here are a few photos of the kids in Miss R.'s group. The kids in our group took turns selecting exhibits. In the collage you can see snapshots of the new penguin exhibit. We also visited the Day & Night exhibit, the Northern Trail, the Family Farm, and Bug World. Students, for $5 Bonus Bucks, post a comment about your favorite exhibit. What did you learn about the animal? Thank you to the chaperones in all three classes who made this trip possible. Special thanks to our room mother, Mrs. S. who not only chaperoned a group, but brought us a special treat when we returned to school. What a great day!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rwanda Partners said...

One of my favorite exhibits was the bug exhibit. I don' know the name of this one spider, but it can eat birds! Ididn't know that there were bird-eating spiders! This is actually VERY creepy news, but also kind of interesting. I also liked the Night and Day exhibit because I got to see fruit bats. They smelled good, which was surprising, and they spread fruit seeds around so more fruit can grow. Cool. It was a great day at the zoo!
AT#18

Anonymous said...

I liked the family farm the best. Even though some of the animals smelled a bit, there was something very nostalgic and comfy about the farm....and the bunnies were darn cute! The bug exhibit was interesting, but the bird-eating spider scared me! I'm glad you made it, AT#18!

~Miss R.

S.N. said...

my favorite part of the zoo was the gorilas.one of the gorilas was stareing at me like i was a criminal.i learned that penguins don't only live in cold environments. the zoo was phenomenal.

Honeybear said...

My favorite exhibit was the night and day exhibit. It was very cool. I enjoyed the trip alot.

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...