Hello Families!
Please check here frequently for weekly updates. Here is where you will find updates on all things third grade. It\"s been a wonderful three weeks of school. I am very much enjoying getting to know this brilliant bunch of scholars. And here\"s what we\"ve been learning.
LITERACY
- Answering reading comprehension questions in the form of a complete sentence
- Using words within the question as a sentence starter to help ensure the response is a complete thought
- Identifying the subject, main verb, and predicate of a complete sentence
- Identifying short vowel sounds
- Sorting words according to their short vowel sounds
How you can help at home: Encourage your child to read at least 20 minutes every night. Ask specific questions that encourage your child to connect the text. For example, “Would you want to be friends with the main character? What happened in the story to make you think that?” Be sure to share similar details about your own reading. “I just finished reading an article on the internet about this famous person. I would/would not want to meet this person in real life because......”
MATH
- Exploring similarities and differences between picture graphs and bar graphs.
- Analyzing the data and learning to ask mathematical questions based on the data presented.
- Practicing out two times tables.
How you can help at home: Encourage your child to recite the two times table up to 2 X 12 =24. Take a moment each day to practice random multiplication facts together. “What’s 2 X 10? 2 X 5?” Reverse the factors.
TECHNOLOGY
- Accessing One Note for copies of assignments, weekly checklists, etc
- Accessing and using Nearpod for interactive online assignments
MEET OUR VIP
Our VIP this week was Anthony. He did a great job modeling the job for future VIPs. As VIP, he was responsible for all the classroom jobs, Anthony was interviewed by his classmates who worked collaboratively to scribe this introductory paragraph featuring our VIP! Here he is in his own words with a little help from his friends.
I would like everyone to know that I live in Washington State. I like it because I live near the school. In school, I enjoy writing. My favorite type of writing is non fiction writing. I like writing about my family and my pets. I have twelve year old twin sisters. My mom always cooks, and my dad goes to work every day. My favorite animal is a dog, but I don’t have a dog. I have a hamster and a fish. My favorite type of dog is a Corgi because they have cute tails. My favorite snake is a rattlesnake. My best friend is William because he always calls me and we play with each other. I have lots of favorites. I play soccer. My favorite book is Sweet Farts. I don’t have any favorite songs, but I like listening to music. My favorite game is Roblox. My birthday is February 2. I will be nine years old. I like drinking Boba
No comments:
Post a Comment