Welcome to third grade! I am looking forward to getting to know your child better as the school year progresses. I have been teaching for 15 years, most of those years have been right here at Eastgate. I very much appreciate the community here; staff, students, and parents. I work hard to create a classroom environment where students aren’t afraid to take risks and make mistakes. After all, mistakes are evidence of having tried. Outside the classroom, I enjoy running. My favorite distance is the half marathon, but I have tried a few full marathons and will do so again. I have a large extended family in the Netherlands, and love traveling there in the summers. My parents have a little summer cottage where we stay when we visit our family and friends.
I believe that communication between parents and school staff is critical to the academic success of children. To that end, I keep a classroom blog, www.therotzreport.blogspot.com to keep families updated. Please check the blog frequently for classroom updates.
The best way to reach me is through email. You can click on a link in the blog or just type in rotzj@bsd405.org. If you need to speak with me in person, please contact me via email so we can set up an appointment.
Snack time is usually after our second recess at 2:10.(No snack on Wednesdays.) Due to the district’s food policy modifications last year as well as to the rise in the number of students with allergies, I do not provide snacks. For these reasons, our school no longer permits class birthday treats. We will celebrate your child’s birthday with a special sticker and pencil and a song, but not with food in keeping with the new policy.
Information concerning homework, and conferences etc. will be available at Back to School Night later this month. I hope to see you there. It’s going to be a great year!
Mondays Library (bring back books)
Tuesdays Art
Wednesdays (early dismissal)
Thursdays Music
Fridays PE (wear tennis shoes)
No comments:
Post a Comment