Monday, February 6, 2017

Weeks Ending Feb 4

Our brains work hard in Room 204. Every now and again, we like to give our brains a much-deserved rest. Here is a fun video of our latest brain break.

I trust everyone is enjoying our snow day. I'm hoping for lots of stories tomorrow about snowmen, forts, sledding, snowball fights, and all other manner of snow shenanigans. As always we've been keeping ourselves busy learning new things in Room 204. 
Twin Day? Blue flannel and maroon pants. Clearly, we're on the same brainwave length.

READING-We read Don't Fidget a Feather by Erica Silverman and Chasing the Moon by A. Lee Martinez. We identified the problems or the challenges faced by the main characters as well as the solutions. This helped us to identify the author's hidden message. Finding the author's hidden message is one way to increase our ability to make inferences.

WRITING-We began writing well-organized 5-7 sentence paragraphs in response to the prompt, "What is the author's message?" We are following the claim, evidence and reasoning format to help us support our ideas.

MATH- We took our unit three math test. Your child should have brought home a paper detailing his or her results along with suggestions on what to work on. Unit 4 begins with a review of multi-digit addition and subtraction with an emphasis on using place value to help us regroup. 

MISC- Our class Valentines Day party is on February 14. This will be a no food party, but students are invited to bring Valentines to pass out. More details to follow.

Students, for one DOJO point  leave a comment telling me how you spent your Snow Day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

#30 I went sledding on my snow day. I made a snow fort. My mom made a snow man.

Anonymous said...

#26 I went sledding with friends.

Anonymous said...

#13 I can't wait till the snow day!

Anonymous said...

#13 I can't wait for the snow day

September 25-29

  ¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and  listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in  books, for th...