SPELLING- We took our first spelling test this week and I am pleased to report that these Eagles can spell. To see how your child did, check the blue eagle folder in their backpack. Stapled to the test, you'll find a sneak peak at next week's words. Students earning 100% on Monday's pretest are invited to take the challenge word list. Students earning less than 50% are permitted to take a modified list. Be sure to check Monday's folder to find out which list your child has. This can change from week to week.
How you can help at home: Check your child's folder for their words. Quiz your child throughout the week to help them prepare for next Friday's test.
READING-We started reading Roald's Dahl Matilda. Room 204 readers are discovering how authors use exaggeration and humor to bring life to their characters. 204 Readers are also using our district's Mood Meter to plot the changing emotional states of various characters.
How you can help at home: Encourage your child to read for a minimum of 20 minutes every night. Ask him or her to retell the story. Ask open-ended questions to get your child thinking about what (s)he is reading.
MATH- We took a few different pre-assessments in preparation for our beginning unit on multiplication.
How you can help at home: Next week we will begin sending home nightly math homework. Check your child's blue eagle folder for the homework, or check the sidebar of the blog for information on what has been assigned. Get multiplication flashcards for your child and encourage nightly review of the basic multiplication facts.
SOCIAL LEARNING- We drew self-portraits depicting us as our best learning selves. We wrote sentences describing how what makes us feel like successful learners. We are using this work to help us generate a classroom charter to help us create the ultimate learning environment. Be sure to check our display wall outside the classroom for your child's portrait.
Have a lovely weekend.
Students- leave a comment telling me what your favorite thing was that we did this week. Recess and lunch don't count. This is worth a DOJO point on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
September 25-29
¨Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for th...
-
What? That's crazy talk. Two opportunities for students to earn bonus eagle bucks ? That's right. Here's the first opportunity. ...
-
Students, Earn $7 Bonus Bucks by proving you can find our classroom's blog from home. Leave a comment with your initials and your number...
-
Star Students Join me in congratulating these seven stars. These students each earned every single possible stamp on their Responsibilit...

10 comments:
My favorite thing we did this week was today because we have 21 champion minutes.
I didn't really have a favorite activity.
My favorite day was today because we have 21 champion minutes. I didn't really have a favorite activity.
I like reading Matilda because the book is really funny. I like the part when Harry's hair gets dyed a dirty silver.
I like reading Matilda because the book is really funny. I like the part when Harry's hair gets dyed a dirty silver.
I Think The story is so awesome!
I liked writing and drawing about my best learning self. I also enjoyed choice time, because I got to draw-read with Aaron.
I really enjoyed the book
My favorite part was getting to meet all the brilliant scholars in room 204.
My favorite part of the week was spelling!
Gabriel F.
My favorite part of the week is getting 100% on my spelling test! -Sequoya
Post a Comment